GTX 570 asus direct CU2

berton83

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Hi

i have a Biostar B75MU3+ B75 Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 6 Channel Audio mATX Motherboard (can i overclock gpu with this)

and a gtx 570 asus directcu2, and was looking to get some more performance in my games, i have msi afterburner but i have heard you can only overclock this card with smart doctor, i tried installing this and it runs and says cant find graphics card

i have never overclocked before so any suggestions would be a real help

so any advice would be very much appreciated thanks

Solution
No effect on your mobo. If you OC your gpu thru MSI afterburner, don't touch the voltage. Try to increase the value of your core clock by 10. Then run the stress test. If stable, increase by 10 again. Then when it fails go down 5. Then find stress test again. Make sure it's stable, and keep an eye on your temp. Then increase your memory clock by 20, so on and so forth.

adimeister

Honorable
No effect on your mobo. If you OC your gpu thru MSI afterburner, don't touch the voltage. Try to increase the value of your core clock by 10. Then run the stress test. If stable, increase by 10 again. Then when it fails go down 5. Then find stress test again. Make sure it's stable, and keep an eye on your temp. Then increase your memory clock by 20, so on and so forth.

Solution

berton83

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
hi again just to clarify up my core clock by 10 and my memory clock by 20 then stress test?? or keep testing with core clock and then memory clock, sorry about the q) just new to me and i dont want to mess up :) how do i know if its stable or not?

i just upt the core clock by 10 and temp went up to 69

adimeister

Honorable
Some GPUs have locked voltage control, it's a company's way to protect your GPU so that they don't need to entertain burnt GPUs. Yes, up the core first, then when you reach the limit, then the memory again. Yea, temp would really increase if you OC.