GTX 570 & Geforce 8800 / multimonitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbyte

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Hey All.

Have a couple of GTX 570's coming in to replace my 8800 SLI Cconfiguration. I would like to run 3 monitors on my system and from what I am reading I can only do 2 still with the 2 x GTX 570's (or can I do more if I dont use SLI?)

I guess the question I have is .. can I have 2 x GTX 570 in SLI mode and keep a Geforce 8800 in my system for a third monitor?

Thanks!

Solution
If all 3 monitors were the same resolution, refresh rate, and this 3rd variable called sync polarity (if someone can explain how you can easily determine the sync polarity of a given monitor, I'd be grateful), you could run the 3 monitors in SLI as a 2D version of 3D surround:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2668/kw/surround

But since you have 2 monitors with what my assumption is lower resolution capabilities than the Samsung, you could turn SLI off to use all 3 monitors for non-gaming purposes and turn SLI on before gaming on your primary (I'm guessing your 24") monitor. Two monitors would run off one card and one off the other.

dbyte

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
I have one Samsung 24" and 2 x Dell 17" .. Im at work so I dont have the models numbers on me :) Things do get cut off on the 17"'s but I can live with that until I can afford to upgrade them to similar 24"

If all 3 monitors were the same resolution, refresh rate, and this 3rd variable called sync polarity (if someone can explain how you can easily determine the sync polarity of a given monitor, I'd be grateful), you could run the 3 monitors in SLI as a 2D version of 3D surround:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2668/kw/surround

But since you have 2 monitors with what my assumption is lower resolution capabilities than the Samsung, you could turn SLI off to use all 3 monitors for non-gaming purposes and turn SLI on before gaming on your primary (I'm guessing your 24") monitor. Two monitors would run off one card and one off the other.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.