Gtx 590 Multi Monitor problem, Please help!

Numchucks

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
so my problem is this. Everything works fine, games like oblivion fallout new vegas etc all on the 5760x1080 resolution. There are however two games I have that i can not run on this resolution. Crysis 2 and Metro 2033. I was sure I built a good enough machine to handle these games on 3 screens. Hell i even put Metro on low settings and it was so laggy i couldn't even move. Here are my system specs, please let me know what i would need to do to make this run. I know my ram and processor aren't that great. is this bottle necking it or something? I really shouldn't need another GPU, least i hope not. these things are NOT cheap lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Microsoft Windows 7 Service pack 1
AMD Phenom II X6 1055t Processor 3.26 Ghz
8Gb ram (not sure of make or model or anything, swapped it from older Hp pc)
Nvidia GTX 590 (EVGA Classified)
Asus Crosshair Formula V Motherboard
Coolermaster 1000w PSU
Coolermaster HAF X Full tower Case

Numchucks

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
1.5gb framebuffers? is that good or bad? I am a little ignorant when it comes to this stuff. I know about it. but not the details, lol. So basically I would have to get a second 590 to run the games at that resolution?

A second GTX 590 Classified isn't going to help you.

If you are running Crysis 2 with the DX11 Update and High-Res Texture pack at a resolution of 5760x1080 your graphics card's 3GB of memory is insufficient. Your GTX 590 Classified would need at least 5GB or more of memory to properly render the game.

I don't think any vendor has a GTX 590 6GB in the works.

You can always trade up to two GTX 580 3GB graphics cards that will handle the high memory requirements at the resolution you are running at.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Yeah Numchucks, I don't think you quite understand how INSANE Crysis 2 with the DX11 update, or how crazy Metro 2033 is in terms of GPU requirements at that resolution with high settings.

It's absolutely murderous.