Gtx 590 SLI water cooling

PCPower90000

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
I am planning on upgrading sometime in the next 5 months to run games like skyrime, Crysis 2, Witcher 2 etc. in DirectX11(tessellation) and I have been using amd cards for about 6 years now and am thinking of changing to Nvidia because of better driver support. I really do not want to have to wait until December or 2012 to have to upgrade.

The card would probably be matched up with an i7-2600k unless bulldozer turns out to be better because even though the i7-990x seems a little too expensive for a small performance increase at higher resolutions which could be substituted with some CPU water cooling.

I was thinking of getting some kind of zero maintenance GPU water cooling(like the OMNI from coolitsystems) for the 590 because the reviews say it has been down clocked and there is some more significant performance left in the card and it may be noisy when the two 590s are at full load with a game. In addition, I wanted to avoid building this system and go through a system builder(prebuilt).

Does anyone know of a system builder that would offer a zero maintenance water cooling solution for the gtx 590?

Solution

That is a very wide range :kaola:

1. As for the system I guess you can assemble the components you require at a far cheaper price than paying any of the sites that you mentioned.
2. Go with the AMD 6990 Crossfire solution as it is cheaper as compared to GTX 590. This way you can spend more on the case and your water cooling.

striker410

Distinguished
Hi there, welcome to the forums.

I know you were looking for help on the watercooling, but sounds like you need some help on the whole rig. Please fill in this form: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice It will give us the info we need to help you.

Secondly, I must advice against the GTX 590 SLI.
Unless running 3 huge screens, they will be bottlenecked into oblivion. (intentional pun) Anything above 560 Ti will bottleneck with a single 1080p screen.

Next, Nvidia does not have better driver support. It used to be true, but now it's swaying in AMD's favor! Look at crossfire scaling VS SLI scaling to see what I'm talking about.

Cheers!

PCPower90000

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
Approximate Purchase Date: October 1, 2011

Budget Range: 2,200.00$ to 4,500.00$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming(DirectX 11 games using tessellation at least for games released in DX11 for the next 3 years) and surfing the internet

Parts Not Required: Looking to order a Prebuilt System

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: www.falcon-nw.com, www.ibuypower.com, www.maingear.com, www.cyberpower.com, www.digitalstormonline.com etc. need suggestions on other system builders

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: System designed around Geforce Gtx 590 SLI or Radeon HD 6990 Crossfire configuration with GPU zero maintenance water cooling, intel 2nd generation CPU(Sandy Bridge) unless Bulldozer has better performance using coolitsystems water cooling, Asus P8P67 Deluxe, 8GB of High Performance RAM 1333Mhz to 1866Mhz, 1TB 7200RPM HD, 1200watt power supply, Creative X-Fi Titanium sound card

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: I have a Dell 30" up to 2650x1600

Additional Comments: I would like a quiet PC, cut down on dust build up due to many fans with zero maintenance water cooling.

rahulkadukar

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011

That is a very wide range :kaola:

1. As for the system I guess you can assemble the components you require at a far cheaper price than paying any of the sites that you mentioned.
2. Go with the AMD 6990 Crossfire solution as it is cheaper as compared to GTX 590. This way you can spend more on the case and your water cooling.

Solution

lolwut1022

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
You are not going to get zero maintenance GPU cooling for either of those cards for awhile. Besides the "maintenance" required for actualy water cooling is just replacing the water once every 6 months....

PCPower90000

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
Is it better to wait for socket 2011 since the P97 socket 1155 has bandwidth limited pci express slots or would I get the same or better performance and scaling with two way crossfire or SLI with an i7-970 with the x58 socket 1366?

TRENDING THREADS