Question gtx 650 ti boost downloading drivers give me black screen

May 16, 2023
So I bought a used gtx 650 ti boost from a guy who told me he was having problems with it.

When I try to install nvidia drivers, screen goes black. I've tried older drivers too, still black screen.
Also tried cleaning contacts to no avail.

When using Hwinfo64, it detects that I have a gtx 650 ti boost but cant read any clock speeds or sensors.
(ive tried another gpu and it works fine so motherboard is okay)

any recs would be appreciated
thanks in advance guys!

So I bought a used gtx 650 ti boost from a guy who told me he was having problems with it.

Just out of curiosity, why did you buy a GPU which was not in a fully working condition in the first place ? If the seller told he had issues, then most likely he gave you a defective GPU, or the card is having some other issues like a corrupt BIOS.

Which brand/AIB's model is it ? List your full PC specs, including PSU's model number/brand. Does your card also require a single 6-pin PCIe power connector/cable as well ?

May 16, 2023
Just out of curiosity, why did you buy a GPU which was not in a fully working condition in the first place ? If the seller told he had issues, then most likely he gave you a defective GPU, or the card is having some other issues like a corrupt BIOS.
cus it was $10, didnt have much to lose i thought i might as well try to fix it.

The PSU is Corsair 550W, card uses 6pin pcie.

Is it worth trying to replace bios chip on gpu? definitely could be the problem.
Also is it worth trying to use my heatgun to reflow ?