[SOLVED] GTX 650 TI not working, memory size displaying 0 MB, GPU clock sensor and memory clock sensor showing it running at 0 MHz

joangast

Prominent
Sep 22, 2019
I have an old GTX 650TI from evga which im having trouble with, its not giving any output to a display or showing up in my running devices, I can detect the GPU in device manager and it also shows its info with GPU-Z

In GPU-Z it shows the card with memory size 0 and when I check the sensor tab it shows the clocks running at 0MHz, I've tried flashing a different bios which made it display the card info but it hasnt done anything else (see pictures)
qwm.png
6xf.png

When checking the events tab in device manager it shows an error with the message:
Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C6&SUBSYS_36533842&REV_A1\6&fa55729&0&0008000A had a problem starting.

Driver Name: display.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: BasicDisplay
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x1F
Problem Status: 0xC01E0438

https://prnt.sc/10rvyzh.jpg
does anyone know if this card can still be recovered?

Solution
Since GPU-Z cannot get any info beyond what it can get from the PCIe ID, I'm going to guess the GPU isn't working beyond PCIe enumeration. Something may be wrong either with the GPU core or its VRM.

joangast

Prominent
Sep 22, 2019
Was the GPU known-working before? If you got it second-hand from a random source, it could be a fake and need its vBIOS re-flashed to its original state before it may become usable again.
Wasnt working before i got it, the GPU is genuine though, I've already put a different bios on it from the same card because it wasnt showing all the card info in GPU-Z (see image)
ga2.png