Question GTX 660 and PSU

Aug 17, 2020
So, I bought a budget PC without GPU and it came with a 400w PSU.
My friend offered his GTX 660 until I could afford something else.
After searching for a bit, I realized that the GTX 660 requires a 450w PSU.
Oddly enough, I tried to test it into some games anyway.
Valorant with no fps cap and vsync off = screen goes black, PC shut down almost instantly.
I assume it is prolly bc my PSU can't handle it... but, as soon as I cap my FPS and turn vsync on, the GPU don't turn off anymore so, my guess is that it doesn't consume that much, allowing me to play even tho my PSU doesn't fit the requirements.
Now to the 2nd but... I'm a WoW player and I was playing with the integrated GPU with my solid 30fps haha. I tried doing the same config as I did to Valorant to WoW settings but, wtv I try, 10 or 20 secs into the game running, the screen goes black and PC shut down anyway. Is there anyway for me to tweak wow settings or tune it down in order for it to run into the dedicated GPU or my best bet is just get a new PSU?
as I said, it was a budget PC so, I prolly wont be able to afford a new PSU for now, hence why I'm okay to tune the GPU down a little in order to keep using it but, if there's no way to do that, I'm prolly just gonna remove it and keep using the integrated one and as soon as I'm able to get a new PSU, I install it again.

Some PC Specs just inb4 someone asks:

ASROCK A320M
AeroCool KCAS 400W
ADM Ryzen 3 3200G
8GB DDR4 RAM
120 SSD
1TB HD

Thanks in advance!
:D

You are honestly risking damage to your computer using that PSU with any dedicated graphics card. Not only is it not enough wattage, but it is of poor quality.

You are correct, vsync would lower system power draw and likely mitigate the issue.

Either remove the GPU and stick to the igpu or get a better PSU.

Reactions: LukAraujo
Aug 17, 2020
So, back from the dead...
I figured that maybe my old PC maybe had a better PSU than the budget one I bought and after checking it, it has a Cougar SL 600.
Now, I would like to know if I can install it into the budget PC described above and run the GPU mentioned there too.

Thanks in advance (again)
:D