GTX 660 best buy

misfitkid86

Distinguished
May 23, 2012

evga is an incredible brand with possibly the best service in the industry. what i would suggest though is you go to newegg.com and grab something like a evga gtx 760, it might run you thirty bucks more but will outperform the 660 by quiet a margin! best buy is not a good place for anything computer related, newegg is usually a really solid shop with a good return policy and lots of choice. also i too think you ought to get a dual fan card, evga is the brand i recommend but asus and msi also make awesome stuff!

gumbykid

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
There are pros and cons to best buy, the main pro being that you can return it at no cost within 30 days, the main con being its overpriced.

Go on Newegg and find a model you like with a nice price. Check that same model on Amazon, i've found that they often have parts for $10-$20 less (mainly PSUs and CPUs). Get the cheaper between the two.

You can buy from Best Buy, but be sure to make use of their price match guarantee. I looked up that EVGA GTX 660 SC for you on Newegg, Amazon, Rakuten, and Tiger Direct and none had a better price (with the exception of Newegg who had the same price, but a $10 rebate).

Yingda Wang

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

No, the EVGA is a reference blow style cooler, which isnt the most effective, especially nvdia come with gpu boost which cooling represents performance.
Gigabyte windorce cooling is one of my favorate.
and cheaper.