gtx 660 overheating

Sparkky1337

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014
ok guys i just got my new point of view gtx 660 with two coolers version. When i play watch dogs for about 45 min my gpu temp is 80 C. My fan speed is set to 45%. Is my gpu overheating or not? Do i set fan speed to 100% when im gaming or no? Are this temps bad for this gpu? Thanks:)

Solution
That's good to hear, I would recommend setting up at fan curve like have it run at %41 under a really light loud and then 70% once you get to 65+

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
The cards are designed to run at 85c which if you call someone like evga they will also tell you that for any 600 or 700 series card. 80c is hot but not really something to go crazy about. It's the summer, unless you are in a really nice cool room, the video card will get hotter than what it would in the winter. Any video cards that I have running on air in my non air conditioned room run at 75-81c in the summer, with overclocks. If you notice your video card going above 80c just up the fan to like 60% which to me is still quite and comfortable.

Sparkky1337

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014

is it safe to put fan to 100% when gaming? Wont dagame cooler or anything?

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
It is safe for the fan to be at 100% but at 100% the bearings in the fan may fail sooner. To me 100% isn't really necessary, and at 100% most video cards are just way to loud. I would say download something like evga precision X or msi after burner. and just use the default automatic fan curve that they have set for you. normally I run my video cards at a max speed of 60% to keep things relatively silent, but 70% is also acceptable to most people. But for the most part for an average user that isn't a silence freak, the default fan curve that comes with some of the utilities is sufficient enough for cooling. If you have an evga card or asus card just use their overclocking utility fan curves, Msi doesn't really have all out that great of a fan curve.

Sparkky1337

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014

i keep my fan at 70% a temp are very lower. before: 80C, now: 72 C in full load