gtx 660 sli or gtx 770 4g?

mostafa wahead

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014
i want to get a computer and i want to get a great gpu that will play most games on very high/ ultra for the next three years "2017" i prefer sli gtx 660 to gtx 770 " almost the same price" ;but when i heard that alot of games dont support sli i will have to grab a gtx 770 for a single gpu performance,,,,,,,,,,,, need your help

Solution

Hi - I'd suggest the gtx 770. Generally, you want to get the best single GPU you can afford. SLI requires
more PSU power, and will generate a lot more heat, thus requiring more cooling.The
gtx 770 is also one gen newer, which is the way to go these days. That way
the SLI option is still open to you in the future by getting another 770.

However, no one can guarantee that either of these routes will future...

SachMcFunny

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
I would get the single 770 if I were you. The SLI is still having problems and a 770 can easily run most games on Ultra @ 1080p so when it's starting to struggle you can get a second 770 cos SLI will probably have developed by then :D

Hi - I'd suggest the gtx 770. Generally, you want to get the best single GPU you can afford. SLI requires
more PSU power, and will generate a lot more heat, thus requiring more cooling.The
gtx 770 is also one gen newer, which is the way to go these days. That way
the SLI option is still open to you in the future by getting another 770.

However, no one can guarantee that either of these routes will future proof your game play for three more years.
The tech business changes continuously. But, you'd be better off with a GTX 7xx than a 6xx in that regard.

Solution