• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

GTX 660 vs Radeon HD 7850

TheRandomGuy7

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
+1 for the 660.

660 is far better than the 7850.

Also, the 7850 (Sapphire's at least) is extremely faulty and buggy. Unfortunately, I owned one previously. It did not fit in the top PCI slot in my motherboard, despite perfect compatibility. I had game-breaking artifacts in any games, old or new, that I played. The coil whine on some games was atrocious. I then started to get black screen crashes every 10 minutes of gaming, causing me to hard restart the whole PC.

I contacted Sapphire support and it was the worst customer support I have ever been through. It took them weeks to admit it was their card that was faulty. They tried to blame it on other components. After around a month, they gave the green light for an RMA so they made me fill out a confusing spreadsheet with info, then pay £50 postage to somewhere random in Europe. They gave me a 12 page document of how to package the "graphic card" correctly. I presumed if I didn't do this exactly how it said they would refuse the return. They expected me to put egg cartons, foam, bubble wrap, cardboard and much more in there. I contacted Amazon.co.uk about this (where I bought it) and they were outstanding and gave me a full refund immediately, with a prepaid postage stamp from them to their warehouse. I bought a GTX 760 with the refund money and I am happy as can be.

Sorry about that turning into a rant. Basically, please DO NOT get the Sapphire 7850. The 660 is much faster too.