[SOLVED] GTX 660Ti Compatibility

Nov 27, 2019
Is the GTX 660Ti 2GB compatible with my pc?

Specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz
RAM: 2GB Samsung RAM
Motherboard: Acer Veriton M480
Graphics: Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Power Supply: 250W

PC Tailor

Distinguished
Herald
Thanks for the welcome,
What about the other specs?
I thought the power supply would be a problem
Realistically, you only need a PCIe x16 slot for it to be physically compatible with the GPU. It's an old GPU so shouldn't have an issue running on that chipset.

Realistically the other components don't particular dictate compatibility with a GPU, you need the motherboard with the right slot, and a PSU that can supply the power to it. Then only in newer GPUs do you sometimes struggle to get older chipsets to run.

PC Tailor

Distinguished
Herald
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Main problem is the 660Ti can consume >150W by itself. The power supply will not be adequate, especially if it is a poor quality PSU, which it likely is - you'd want at least a good quality 450W in reality.

Nov 27, 2019

Main problem is the 660Ti can consume >150W by itself. The power supply will not be adequate, especially if it is a poor quality PSU, which it likely is - you'd want at least a good quality 450W in reality.

Thanks for the welcome,

PC Tailor

Distinguished
Herald
Thanks for the welcome,
Realistically, you only need a PCIe x16 slot for it to be physically compatible with the GPU. It's an old GPU so shouldn't have an issue running on that chipset.

Realistically the other components don't particular dictate compatibility with a GPU, you need the motherboard with the right slot, and a PSU that can supply the power to it. Then only in newer GPUs do you sometimes struggle to get older chipsets to run.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS