Gtx 670 and I5-760 Possible Bottleneck? Worth it?

asianoreos

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
So I can get a gtx 670 for $220 BUT it is a reference model. I currently have an I5-760 @3.6ghz and a gtx 570. So is this worth it? Will I see major bottlenecks?
Thanks!

Solution
Yeah, it should be fine. Pretty good price too. Amazon has them around the $350 mark. Your bottleneck is more likely to be the CPU. I wouldn't worry too much though. It also depends on the applications/games you are running.
With your overclock you should be okay with the 670, I don't think you'll hit a significant CPU bottleneck, if you were running your CPU at stock speed, then you might hit a bit of a bottleneck in some games. $220 is certainly a good price for that card if it's new, and there really isn't anything wrong with the reference models, aside from the coolers being a tad too loud for some people's tastes.

PyjamasCat

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, it should be fine. Pretty good price too. Amazon has them around the $350 mark. Your bottleneck is more likely to be the CPU. I wouldn't worry too much though. It also depends on the applications/games you are running.

Solution