Question Gtx 670 gigabyte windforce crashing when drivers are installing

May 25, 2019
I bought a gtx 670 on eaby when I got it I changed the thermal paste and put it in my own system to test it it work fine and booted in to Windows 10 but when I started to install the drivers the system crashed and now refuses to boot my system specs ar

I7 3770
16 gb ddr3
750w aero cool psu
240gb ssd
1tb hard drive

Wandering if any one knows a fix

May 8, 2019
A potential fix would be to open it up again, and make sure that the thermal paste or thermal pads that were cooling the VRMs didn't slip into the wrong space. Also, you can try manually overvolting it in Afterburner. Does your system refuse to boot into Windows 10? Does it post?

Reactions: Dunne2004
May 8, 2019
Is the graphics card not posting? Or is it the entire computer not posting? Please try to flash the bios if this problem still exists. IF the system boots into windows, use the integrated graphics to download DDU, uninstall the drivers for the graphics card, and then download the latest version available.

If the entire PC doesn't post: Do the lights on the computer turn on? Do the fans spin? If not, maybe there is an issue with the power button on the computer. This happened to me where the power button actually got disconnected while moving my computer. You can test if the power button somehow got disconnected from the actual cable by jumping the motherboard using a screwdriver: https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=3FCDF8C4BB7CBF02390CC960969D62365654C884&thid=OIP._82wKWXZ2aYCPgkivtkAxQHaEK&mediaurl=https://i.ytimg.com/vi/X0ZmiU8bKt8/maxresdefault.jpg&exph=720&expw=1280&q=motherboard+front+panel+connectors&selectedindex=0&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1,2,6
To do this you need to make it so that both pins for the power switch are connected with a conductive object such as a screwdriver. If this works, the issue lies with the case.

Also, what tends to happen with some older motherboards, is that RAM slots can randomly die on you. If you suspect this to be the case, you can remove and try using your ram sticks on different slots to see if this works. If your board is still covered
by a warranty of sorts, you can RMA it, or just live with it.