GTX 670 Recommended Maximum operating Temperature

claw999

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
Hi, I would like to know the GTX 670 recommended Maximum operating temperature, like so I would know when I need to set the air conditioner at a lower temperature? I know the maximum is 97C, but obviously there is a recommended maximum, like for intel processors, it is around 80C.

Deeks

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
I personally like keeping my hardware cool so always have AC turn on once room goes above 20c which keeps a low ambient temp and allows for my computers that run off air cooling solutions to have there video cards in the high 60's on load. as said above though you don't really need to get concerned till your above that 85c mark.

claw999

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
Oh alright thanks, my one was touching 80 occasionally, when i was playing a game on extra graphics for about an hour, with the room temperature at 30C ( AC off). With the AC on, it went to a max of 75C, so basically I guess I am fine with the AC on because it still isnt hitting that 85c mark. Is there anything else I can do to reduce the Graphics Card's temp, you know just to make sure it doesn't cross that 85C threshold?

Deeks

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
You can modify the fans peed on your graphics card to ramp up faster at lower temps which will keep it down as well. Use a program like EVGA Precision. This will also reduce temp without having to run your ac as well. 80c at 30c ambient is within normal temps. you don't have anything to worry about. I haven't used MSI afterburner but i am sure they have a fan speed config option within the program just look around in the settings.