GTX 680 - No Signal/Backlight Flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubok

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Since today, my computer will boot up, display the Windows 8 logo, then the displays will start messing up. The backlights turn on and off. The displays will constantly switch from having signal to no signal and back. The computer worked fine yesterday, and now the graphics card isn't. Onboard graphics work fine, and I can't access the Nvidia control panel without plugging a display in. Doing so causes the onboard graphics to become gray and the other screen to flicker again. Here are my computer's specs:

Intel Core i7 3770k
Nvidia GeForce GTX 680
16GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
480GB OCZ Vertex 3
2x WD 500GB HDD's
Windows 8 OEM

Solution
you have the win 8 driver for her see if a friend could test her for you and when you put a card in it disable the onboard chipset that the way motherboard work ,do you have a old card you could use for test on the board that wiil help find if the pci-e slot work or maybe your board got another graphic slot you could test the card in and the video cable ?

Hubok

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Well I can't test it on another computer...
And anyway, it did work yesterday. I did nothing to it from the time I turned my computer last night to this morning when it started messing up. I might end up RMA'ing it, if I don't get a solution.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
you have the win 8 driver for her see if a friend could test her for you and when you put a card in it disable the onboard chipset that the way motherboard work ,do you have a old card you could use for test on the board that wiil help find if the pci-e slot work or maybe your board got another graphic slot you could test the card in and the video cable ?

Solution

Hubok

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

My computer detects the graphics card at 16x 3.0, so I think I don't need to test the PCIe slots... I will try to put it into another slot nonetheless.

Hubok

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

I plugged it into the second PCIe 16x slot, it worked perfectly. Put it back in the first, it still worked perfectly.
I don't know what kind of magic that was, but thank you for reminding me to try simple things before asking for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.