[SOLVED] GTX 750 not showing up/not giving video signal

Art123

Reputable
Oct 10, 2019
Hi,

I have an ASUS GTX 750 2GB and have had this card for a year now and it's been working fine. Yesterday was no exception and it was working flawlessly and no updates happened yesterday.

Today I came home and booted up my pc, I didn't touch the card or anything in the pc. My card was giving no signal but the fan was spinning so it was on. I could only use the integrated graphics.

Is there anyway I can fix this. I have changed my BIOS and uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled them and nothing. Any suggestions welcome.

Solution
well, if i were you, i'd try to take the cooler off, turn the PC on, and feel with your hand whether the GPU die become hot or not. if it become hot, then good, the chip's still working, but somehow not sending signal, so maybe the connector. also immediately turn the PC off if it become hot so the GPU doesn't cook itself. if the chip stays cold though, then it's dead.

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
So it suddenly went dead?
Well, it is an old card so maybe it's time to move on.
anyhow, it's kind of rare to see a chip went dead without any signs beforehand. did it show artifacts some few days before? did you try to disassemble your card to physically check if there's any blown caps or some burnt trace in the PCB? How about slotting it on another PCIe slot on your mobo and changing the connector to the PSU?

Art123

Reputable
Oct 10, 2019
So it suddenly went dead?
Well, it is an old card so maybe it's time to move on.
anyhow, it's kind of rare to see a chip went dead without any signs beforehand. did it show artifacts some few days before? did you try to disassemble your card to physically check if there's any blown caps or some burnt trace in the PCB? How about slotting it on another PCIe slot on your mobo and changing the connector to the PSU?

Yep the card just stopped giving a signal, it spins up though which is odd.

Haven't touched the graphics cards inners yet and my mobo only have one PCIe slot. Also this card doesn't require external power.

The card did show some fuzziness but that was because of a dodgy HDMI adapter. I am extremely confused.

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
well, if i were you, i'd try to take the cooler off, turn the PC on, and feel with your hand whether the GPU die become hot or not. if it become hot, then good, the chip's still working, but somehow not sending signal, so maybe the connector. also immediately turn the PC off if it become hot so the GPU doesn't cook itself. if the chip stays cold though, then it's dead.

Solution

Art123

Reputable
Oct 10, 2019
Alright I shall try this soon.

Thanks!

Art123

Reputable
Oct 10, 2019
The card does get warm so I don't think it's dead, could I change any BIOS settings or something to get it to be recognised?

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
o...kay, so it's still alive and well (maybe). have you tried plugging it with anything other than your old connector? usually there's several VGA ports, and maybe one HDMI idk. maybe the connector broke? I'm not really sure about BIOS though... never seen a random problem that disabled the GPU via BIOS.
Last thing I could ever imagine is something like messing with the ROM via NVFlash. Sorry I wasn't much of a help in this case.

Art123

Reputable
Oct 10, 2019
o...kay, so it's still alive and well (maybe). have you tried plugging it with anything other than your old connector? usually there's several VGA ports, and maybe one HDMI idk. maybe the connector broke? I'm not really sure about BIOS though... never seen a random problem that disabled the GPU via BIOS.
Last thing I could ever imagine is something like messing with the ROM via NVFlash. Sorry I wasn't much of a help in this case.
No worries, I may just bite the bullet and buy a new one, it's getting old anyway