GTX 750 sudden stop

Sigky69

Reputable
Mar 2, 2016
Hi, I'm going thru a very confusing time, here it is:
I was playing GTA V, tweaking the settings for good FPS, I then decided to get a benchmark software, I instead chose shadow play, went to NVIDIA GeForce experience, flipped the switch and BOOM! The screen froze and then turned black, I tried to force shutoff and then annoying sounds started playing whenever I used the mouse, somehow going crazy in the keyboard went back to my desktop, but I could only use the keyboard, the mouse bugged the hell out. I tried to restart, the moment the Windows 8.1 screen in where you type your password popped out something was wrong...
The resolution was at 1280x720, i quickly went to resolution settings if my GTX 750 died or something, the max res was 1366x768 instead of 1080p, i went to advanced settings and I got "Microsoft display controller" and had 256 MB of ram and had <<none>> for everything else.
I tried erasing the drives and reinstalling them but when I was installing them. "No hardware were found".
That's when I got the hell outta scared, as soon as quickly I powered off the PC, tried to go to the BIOS but there were no GTX 750, only nvdia graphics controller and audio device, so I decided to boot up normally and instead got the blue screen, I'm right now trying to recover when I installed DirectX again for a game.

Could anyone tell me why activating ShadowPlay did that? I'm pretty sure isn't any connections/PSU problems, got the 750 running for almost 6 months now, and it's pretty strange it happened now, could it be my PSU is dead? Is it that a charge load killed the GPU?
My PSU is a generic 450w, but my build uses less than 300w