GTX 750 Ti 2GB not detected by Windows

joe_alker

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
Here's the situation:

I bought an ASUS M11BB tower PC last year.

Specs are:

AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon Graphics (Will be upgraded to A10 in the future)
AMD Radeon 8370D integrated
12.0GB RAM (upgraded from 4.0)
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (changed from Windows 8.1 64-bit)

I bought a ASUS-branded NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB OC edition as it seemed to be a good card that would boost my performance massively, and it didn't require any extra power.

(This was all still on Win 8.1)

Put the card in, everything slotted in fine, plugged monitor into old slot for integrated graphics

Install driver from CD, says it's installed but it didn't, as I then ran the setup for the NVIDIA drivers directly from the CD and it says compatible hardware not detected. Same thing happens on the latest drivers (353.06) downloaded from NVIDIA. I removed the AMD Radeon drivers beforehand so it is running on "Basic VGA display adapter".

Tried a few things, such as running DDU removal tool, no luck.

I remembered I had a copy of WIndows 7 Professional 64-bit available for free through my college, so I downloaded that, wiped the hard-drive and did a fresh install.

7 Installed fine, but I still get the same error.

Is any more information needed?

It's a UEFI BIOS on the motherboard as the computer came with 8.

Solution
Don't plug the monitor into the old integrated graphics, plug the monitor into the new GTX 750 Ti (even though no drivers installed). See if Windows can find the card then.

joe_alker

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
Many thanks for the replies;

- Forgotten031511: If I do plug it in I get no signal to the monitor. I have a spare monitor, I might try and plug one into each?
- Ironsounds: There is no option to enable PCIe Graphics. I will have another look once Windows Update is complete (currently at 69 out of 209)

I will report back with results.

joe_alker

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
So I've checked the BIOS, and the only option relating to PCI/E was BIOS output, which was between IGFX and PCI/E and was set to PCI/E.

So there doesn't seem to be anything in the UEFI/BIOS, is there an extra layer that I don't know about?

joe_alker

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
That was the issue, it works fine now. It was because of a little confusion between models of GTX 750 Ti.

Basically the one I was originally looking at was a standard clock 2GB Zotac one with one fan which could have powered itself

But I got an ASUS 2GB overclocked one with two fans which couldn't power itself.

Got an adapter anyway, and it works great :D

Thanks for all your help