GTX 750 Ti appears to be dead, but not sure.

tuppenycrane

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
I have had a GTX 750Ti in my system for about half a year now. (I bought it used, but in very good condition with all packaging.)

I installed it in a prebuilt ASUS computer: ASUS K30BF_M32BF_A_F_K31BF
The computer has the following specs:
2.58 TB Hard Drive
8 GB RAM
AMD A8-7600 (3.10 GHz)
300 Watt Power Supply
Windows 10 64-Bit

The GTX 750 Ti is an EVGA SC model.

As I said, it was working all the time up until yesterday when I was playing CSGO, and the screen went completely black, then the sound from the headphones went fuzzy and screechy, with a few laggy in-game sounds in between, before completely crashing.
The computer was still on, but the screen got no input, I tried fixing the cables and all but to no avail. I turned the computer off and started trying to fix up the graphics card.

The graphics card has never been screwed in, because the bent bit of the bracket is actually taller the little platform where you screw it in, but I've never had a problem with that. The video cards sits comfortably enough. (Before you ask, the HDMI cable has always been plugged into the video card, and the power supply is enough to run the card, as it has been doing so for so long.)

Now, I am at the point where I don't know what to do anymore.
What happens is that when I plug in the video card, the monitor does not receive any video. It doesn't matter if I plug the cable into the motherboard or the video card, it doesn't work. My BIOS takes video from the PCI slot if it's available, I checked already. The driver is fully up to date. The fans even spin, so I doubt it's the slot that is causing the problem.

I believe my graphics card is dead, but I was hoping any of you could tell me there is something I could do to fix it. If not, I will be getting a new one soon.

Thanks in advance.

Note: I am currently using the motherboard's video output, the rest of the computer works as normal.

Solution
As you mentioned that you are getting display from the motherboard then you should last time check your GPU from another PC if that works then its your motherboard PCI slot issue if not then the GPU is dead

tuppenycrane

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017

I am planning to do that, hopefully it is just the card.

TRENDING THREADS