Question GTX 750 Ti Black Edition Driver Problems

Asdbalint0944

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
Hello!

I've had a Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti Black Edition for the past year or so.

And I've started to hate it.

I cannot install any driver above 387.76. And I want to install 387.92 at least for shadowplay to work.

If I try to install any driver above 387.76 (which i got from here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N75TWF2BK-2GI#support-dl-driver)

It installs but it acts like there is no driver on the pc. Game lags, only a few resolutions etc.

Downloading the latest driver from Geforce experience unistalls my current driver and than tells me everything failed.

I really want to like this card but from the moment i got it I've had problems with it.
(Couldn't find the right driver)

If there is a workaround to get shadowplay working on 387.92 than that would work for me too.

Here are my full specs:

I5 3570K

16 Gb DDR3 Ram

Geforce Experience says I have a standard GTX 750 Ti

I got the card used

Last edited:
You might want to run Display Driver Uninstaller from Guru3D and make sure you have no remnants from former drivers still installed on your system, then try to install the latest supported driver version (currently 419.35) as Windows 10 might have broken something for some driver revisions.

Asdbalint0944

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
Im on windows 10 but when i try to update it updates and then says update failed and it reverts all of the changes.
I've tried using the latest drivers trough countless reinstalls and it never worked.

Asdbalint0944

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
But installing 387.92 also failed. And that's not new.
Im downloading and installing the latest driver now after using ddu.

My friend has the same version of windows 10 as me and he has the latest drivers. I don't know anymore..

Asdbalint0944

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
So, after a reformat I installed all of the needed drivers then installed 387.76 separately. That driver comes with a magic version of GFE.
The version number is 3.7.0.81 which requires a lower driver than 387.76 to use shadowplay.
And it works perfectly. The downside is that when install the specific GFE it opens once without updating.
I enable share. Then I need to quit GFE and never open it again. If I do it updates to a version where I can't use share.
Thanks for the help everyone unfortunately I couldn't solve the driver issue but atleast I got shadowplay working which I'm really happy about.

TRENDING THREADS