Solution
You can run it without a bracket. But it will be pretty flimsy in there, and you risk damaging the slot. The display cable might help hold it in place okay.

If you have the full height bracket, you can cut it and put a new 90 degree bend in it and a hole for the screw. That metal isn't super tough. If you have access to a vise or even some wood clamps you could bend it over the edge of a table.

If you don't care about appearances, you could always just put a glob of silicone to hold the card in place without the bracket.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I suppose it depends on which MSI GTX 750Ti and which HP Compaq 8200 Elite. There are small form factor and standard tower versions of that PC.

If the GPU is a standard full height and the case has half height slots, yes, you will need a card that is capable of using a low-profile bracket. If you have the opposite and don't have a full height bracket to go in a full height case, that is a bit more tricky. Might send an e-mail to MSI and see if they sell replacement brackets.

Feb 15, 2019
I suppose it depends on which MSI GTX 750Ti and which HP Compaq 8200 Elite. There are small form factor and standard tower versions of that PC.

If the GPU is a standard full height and the case has half height slots, yes, you will need a card that is capable of using a low-profile bracket. If you have the opposite and don't have a full height bracket to go in a full height case, that is a bit more tricky. Might send an e-mail to MSI and see if they sell replacement brackets.
I have a HP compaq 8200 elite ultra slim and i want to put a msi gtx 750 ti low profile in it but the guy that im buying it from says he hasnt put the low profile bracket in the box with it so youre saying i cant fit it in any way without the low profile bracket?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can run it without a bracket. But it will be pretty flimsy in there, and you risk damaging the slot. The display cable might help hold it in place okay.

If you have the full height bracket, you can cut it and put a new 90 degree bend in it and a hole for the screw. That metal isn't super tough. If you have access to a vise or even some wood clamps you could bend it over the edge of a table.

If you don't care about appearances, you could always just put a glob of silicone to hold the card in place without the bracket.

Solution
Feb 15, 2019

Thank you so much for that advice man