GTX 750 ti Constantly lagging on start up and driver updated

Whooligan

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
I'm hoping someone can help me with the issue I have with my driver. I have read through lots of forums and threads but that got me to the point I'm at now and I haven't yet found someone posting a similar thing to mine.

My PC is a Windows 10 - i5 (4440) @ 3.10Ghz and 8gb ram.

I'm loaded onto the latest 372.70 driver for the GPU but every time I restart the PC I getting 4fps (tested with 3DMark) in games and stutter on videos.

I haven't changed any settings and had the exact same setup for two years now without any issues before.

I've done reading around the forums and saw that the driver issues with Nvidia HD audio could be an issue. So I wiped all the drivers, Geforce Experience and Audio drivers off the PC, I stopped auto install on the windows side and removed the card. powered up and restarted a few times, wiped with CC Cleaner then, put the card back in and did a manual install of the driver only installing the card driver and PhysX.

However, the lag still persists. To cure it I go into device manager and do an update of the driver, I update manually from PC the exact same driver and then this cures the lag? Its annoying I have to keep doing it and I was pulling my hair out for a few days to get this far! I have done lots of uninstalls and tried lots of different drivers (as well as different things to cure it). Effectively each driver works, but I still have to "update" after each restart as the lag is always there until I do.

Any ideas or if anyone has insight, I would be most grateful!

Thanks all