GTX 750 Ti Massive FPS drop when using dual monitors

Rhyett Hawkins

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
I can use a single monitor with good a good amount of FPS with my EVGA GTX 750 Ti, but when I plug in a second monitor the framerate from what my eyes can tell wont go any higher than maybe 10 fps.

Solution

The 955 is a pretty outdated processor, but it should still be able to handle a 2nd monitor. If fact, so should the GTX 750 Ti. But the framerate dripping to 10 FPS indicates something else is wrong. I presume you are gaming on the main monitor and that is where you see the framerate drop to 10 FPS?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The card has the added duty of refreshing the bit mapped screen. Plus the CPU is also busy with those pgms. If the main monitor is running a game at the same time, I can see where the GTX 750 Ti might be struggling. And/or the CPU too. What processor is involved?

Although how you can game while you are doing word processing at the same time, is beyond my capabilities... lol.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The 955 is a pretty outdated processor, but it should still be able to handle a 2nd monitor. If fact, so should the GTX 750 Ti. But the framerate dripping to 10 FPS indicates something else is wrong. I presume you are gaming on the main monitor and that is where you see the framerate drop to 10 FPS?

Solution