GTX 750ti on HP DC7800p

troy1960

Honorable
Apr 3, 2016
hi, so lately i have been sitting with a broken GTX 560ti and i had enough of my old radeon x1550. Well i made a thread and a guy told me to get a GTX 750ti. So i did. But now i have zero idea if it is going to work on my HP DC7800p Convertible minitower... It has PCI-E x16 v1.0 i belive... Anyone help me? i have 12 days until my retailer has restocked their 750ti's and i can still cancel it.

Solution
You are correct in stating that your system uses PCIe 1.1.
The 750Ti will work, but you will not be to get the full performance from that card as it will be hampered by the slow speed of the PCIe slot. But, having said that, it should give you at least similar performance to what you were getting from your 560Ti.
You are correct in stating that your system uses PCIe 1.1.
The 750Ti will work, but you will not be to get the full performance from that card as it will be hampered by the slow speed of the PCIe slot. But, having said that, it should give you at least similar performance to what you were getting from your 560Ti.

Solution

troy1960

Honorable
Apr 3, 2016
meh, then i won't do it then. i have a new system with an R7 360 and i indeed bought and got the 750ti. But i will move it to another system then(core i5-3450, 8GB DDR3, corsair VS650)

Darragh_3

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
has any one else tried this build. i am currently trying to put a 750ti into mine but when i have the card in. It just goes to a black screen and the computer beeps once. im not sure if its to do with power or if it is to do with bios on the motherboard.

Try pulling the card out, booting your system and going into the BIOS.
Look around for an option which tells the system which video BIOS to load. Set it to PCIe, then power off, insert the card again and try once more.
A single beep indicates that your system is booting correctly, and the fact that you are not getting a display most likely means that the system is initialising the onboard video BIOS first, and not the 750Ti.