gtx 750ti SC vs OC

aasimas

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
Hi guys I m stuckl. I am looking at the gtx 750ti card and I am interested in two brands. The Asus 2gb OC gtx750 ti and the evga 2gb SC gtx 750 ti. Which one is better and why? Also what is the difference between OC and SC (overclocked vs superclocked)?

Solution
The EVGA will perform better. For two identical GPUs (same GPU chip, same quantity of VRAM), all that matters for determining the relative performance between them are the clock speeds (the core clock and the memory clock). In this case, because of the higher clocks on the EVGA, at stock it will perform better than the ASUS. When both are overclocked further, that could change, if the ASUS can be overclocked higher (but as always overclocking is a gamble - there's no guarantee how well a chip will overclock, that's the problem with the silicon lottery).

I still recommend the EVGA, especially with the $20 price difference (presuming you're buying it in the US).

biflash

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
SC is faster because it has an higher clock, still i would go with the cheaper, there is noting special in any of them if your going to overclock, even the standard cooler keps them under 70º, the cheaper the better

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
I'd go for the EVGA one, for the higher clock reason listed by biflash, but it is worth noting that the ASUS card requires an axillary 6-pin PCIe power cable (unlike the EVGA card), so may be the better overclocker out of the two (emphasis on the word may).

EDIT: also the EVGA card is $20 cheaper on Newegg right now, so I'd definitely go for that over the ASUS card.

aasimas

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
Bro is there a difference in benchmarks for the asus version and the evga version.
I have heard the evga is a reference card and the asus performs much better in terms of benchmarks and fps.

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
The EVGA will perform better. For two identical GPUs (same GPU chip, same quantity of VRAM), all that matters for determining the relative performance between them are the clock speeds (the core clock and the memory clock). In this case, because of the higher clocks on the EVGA, at stock it will perform better than the ASUS. When both are overclocked further, that could change, if the ASUS can be overclocked higher (but as always overclocking is a gamble - there's no guarantee how well a chip will overclock, that's the problem with the silicon lottery).

I still recommend the EVGA, especially with the $20 price difference (presuming you're buying it in the US).

Solution