[SOLVED] GTX 750Ti with intel Core i3-540

Aug 1, 2020
Hello everyone, First of all, English is not my native language, so if there is any inaccuracy, please forgive.

I'm really confused because everyone is talking different.

I know lots of professionals are here in this forum, so I decided to post this thread.

my processor is intel Core i3-540 and I want to upgrade my Graphics Card and I want to buy GTX 750 Ti.

My question is: Will I encounter any problems that caused by my CPU?

will they match each other?

Will there be incompatibility?

Thank you for your time and have a nice one.

Last edited:
Solution
No bottlenecking will happen all the time with that build I.E trying to play games at a higher resolution then that CPU might be able to handle.
But using stuff like the internet and Microsoft Word you would be fine.
Aug 1, 2020
Hi your CPU is old but you wont have a problem using them together, but you might get a bottleneck because the GPU is more powerful then the CPU might be able to handle. What is your plan?
firstly, thank you for spending your time. actually I'm planning to buy it, and then after saving some money I want to upgrade my CPU. can you explain bottleneck? I know what it means but when it will possibly start? I mean, will I start to experience bottleneck just after I start to play, or like after days, months?

greyfox1993

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
No bottlenecking will happen all the time with that build I.E trying to play games at a higher resolution then that CPU might be able to handle.

Reactions: GoddesMother
Solution
Aug 1, 2020
so you mean, I can't play games? for example, I saw many YouTUBE videos of people playing GTA V with this same build.. :(