Question GTX 750ti with supermicro board

Aug 19, 2019
I've got a supermicro x8dah+-f board and would like to use an old GTX 750TI in place of the onboard graphics, but i cant seem to get the device to show up. The card is working and on and as far as I know it works in other systems but it won't show up in my system under any name. In the BIOS I've set the default graphics to be slot 6 on the board, which is where the 750 is plugged in, so it recognizes that a graphics device is present but I cant get any further than that. So my question is, does this card not work with this board, or do no consumer GTX cards work with these server motherboards? Alternatively I was considering getting a Quadro K4200, would this card work instead?

Did you install the GPU on the primary (x16) PCI-E 2.0 slot of the motherboard ? What's the last BIOS version for this system, the exact date ? If the card still doesn't work, then it could be a compatibility issue with that Motherboard.

Is the display totally black, or you can at least see the BIOS POST screen during boot ? The QUADRO variant should work though, IMO.

Aug 19, 2019
Did you install the GPU on the primary (x16) PCI-E 2.0 slot of the motherboard ? What's the last BIOS version for this system, the exact date ? If the card still doesn't work, then it could be a compatibility issue with that Motherboard.

Is the display totally black, or you can at least see the BIOS POST screen during boot ? The QUADRO variant should work though, IMO.
The card is installed into the main 2.0 slot and the bios version is the latest for the x8 boards, 2.1 which is dated 2013 I believe. Pc posts and boots into windows with the onboard graphics.