[SOLVED] gtx 760 driver instability

Nov 15, 2019
hey it's my first time asking for help for a broken gpu but I run out off ideeas
I have a gigabyte gtx 760 2gb that have a issue with the drivers I think
when I turn on the pc I have some black screens and freeze in games
and to fix this I need to restart my pc several time untill It s working properly and if I shut down my pc it s broken again and I need to restart it for like 4 , 5 times again
I try flashing the bios and deleting the drivers with DDU but none of this worked
if anybody have a idea what's going on please tell me

Solution
If it happens in another system then the GPU is dying/faulty. This might be from ageing or even from the PSU. As I suggested before, you should upgrade your PSU either way. Now that you will have to buy a new GPU it becomes a necessity.
Nov 15, 2019
Full system specs please. Don't forget to include make, model and age of your PSU
cpu:i5 3550 @3,7 ghz
motherboard: msi p31/w8
ram:samsung 8gb
gpu: gigabyte windforce 3x gtx 760 2gb rev 2.0
hdd: Seagate barracuda 7200 1tb
psu: enermax pro82+ 425W (two years old)
cpu cooler : stock
pc case : wallmounted
I tried the gpu in another system and have the same problem
so..

enermax pro82+ 425W (two years old)
That's a poor quality PSU that in reality can output 396W in the 12V rail (which is what matters). 760 requires a 500W PSU (or lower if it's good quality).
That makes me think that the PSU is the problem here, because the degradation from ageing plus the poor quality makes a recipe for disaster.
Even if it's not (which I doubt), you would be better powering your system with a reliable PSU.

Nov 15, 2019
That's a poor quality PSU that in reality can output 396W in the 12V rail (which is what matters). 760 requires a 500W PSU (or lower if it's good quality).
That makes me think that the PSU is the problem here, because the degradation from ageing plus the poor quality makes a recipe for disaster.
Even if it's not (which I doubt), you would be better powering your system with a reliable PSU.
i tested the gpu in a sistem that have a corsair cx750m and had the same problem

If it happens in another system then the GPU is dying/faulty. This might be from ageing or even from the PSU. As I suggested before, you should upgrade your PSU either way. Now that you will have to buy a new GPU it becomes a necessity.

Solution