GTX 760 Hawk, bought w/o power cables

MNFlannery

Reputable
Jun 14, 2017
I bought a GTX 760 Hawk from my friend but he didn't have the cords so I was like "alright just gonna go to Best Buy" but I'm not sure which cables I need? I know the gpu has two 8-pin connectors and my psu is a fully modular EVGA 650w, I know I'm not giving much information, could be due to the late night or my headache but hopefully someone can make sense of it all.

Solution
The PCIe cables to connect the PSU to the graphics card should've come in the box with the PSU, unless you bought it prebuilt, in which case the shop probably kept them. The 8 pin cables for the card are most likely a 6+2 design (can be used as both a 6 and 8 pin connector). If you don't have them, you can't just go into any store and buy them, they have to be the correct ones for that make of PSU. You may need to buy them direct from EVGA.
The PCIe cables to connect the PSU to the graphics card should've come in the box with the PSU, unless you bought it prebuilt, in which case the shop probably kept them. The 8 pin cables for the card are most likely a 6+2 design (can be used as both a 6 and 8 pin connector). If you don't have them, you can't just go into any store and buy them, they have to be the correct ones for that make of PSU. You may need to buy them direct from EVGA.

Solution