GTX 760 safe temps?

zechstiver

Honorable
Nov 9, 2014
so i have 2gb Zotac gtx 760 and on load (when i play higher graphic intensive games like bf4 etc) the highest its gotten is 83c is this safe and if not is there any programs to turn speed of the fan higher?

Solution
Its ok, Not the best but certainly under alarming temps, If you want to customly change fan speed install a program such as MSI afterburner

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Is that the blower style model? Absolutely normal temperatures under load if it is. It's very normal to be between 80-90 in a game like Battlefield 4 where the GPU is likely to reach 100% usage.

Reviews of the blower style say it reaches between 80-85 degrees under load. For verification.

zechstiver

Honorable
Nov 9, 2014

ok will do thanks for quick feed back!

zechstiver

Honorable
Nov 9, 2014

Thanks for the info really helped i was just worried because that seemed pretty hot but now i know thanks!

Archmage3

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
Guys, recently started getting black screens (short freeze sound, pc stays on, need to do hard reset or blindly restart through alt-ctrl-delete + five times tab, enter, two times tab, enter).

Can only play games on lowest settings now (used to be highest). CPU temp on lowest settings goes to 80+. Anything other than lowest settings causes black screen.

I'm just wondering if it's normal for it to work at 80+ at lowest settings (Dota 2).

If it's 100% not normal, then I am at least sure what the problem is.
I've tried a 1000 "solutions" and none of them worked.

CPU specs https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/M32AD/specifications/

GPU is GTX 760 with 3GB RAM.

demyansk

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2007
Hi Arch,

I just started having the same problem. I have a gtx760, 3 fans and it just started on the 13th of August. I think it has to do with some Windows 10 update. I am going to clean the card again and try another card in the computer. Keep in contact and maybe we can figure out.