GTX 760 Screen Tearing

newmy51

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2013
Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H LGA 1150 CrossFireX DVI/HDMI mATX
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz
G.Skill Sniper Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200)
GeForce GTX 760 (4GB 256-bit GDDR5)
SanDisk Extreme II 240 GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" SSD
Pioneer BDR-209DBK 16x Blu-Ray/CD/DVD Writer
Win7Pro x64 SP1

Dell U2713HM hooked up to the GTX 760 by DVI cable. Screen tearing with any kind of moving image, even when scrolling in broswers or office software. None of the VSync options in the driver "Control Panel" (On, Adaptive, etc.) make any difference. Am using GeForce Game Ready Driver 361.75. Have read elsewhere solutions calling for deleting this driver and replacing it with a bare-bones Nvidia one, but I can't find that anywhere on the Nvidia site.

Here are the current Nvidia Control Panel 3D Settings:

https://i.imgur.com/YwFqUTc.png

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

-newmy51

newmy51

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2013
Coming back to this old thread for the same problem which I could never solve. This time I have used every possible cable and port combination on both the GPU and mobo's own internal graphics. I tested for the presence/absence/type of tearing with the Response Time section of the Eizo Monitor Test.

Here are the results:

GPU: (HDMI, DVI-D, DVI-I) all equal. Screen tearing no matter the settings, port or cord, even with resource intensive background processes halted, even with vsync set to adaptive, even with triple buffering enabled. Nothing has worked so far. Nothing.

Onboard Graphics: (HDMI, VGA, DVI-D) all equal. Images don't really tear on the onboard graphics, it's more like they redraw. Turning off my backup software (CrashPlan) solves the problem, and is the only way I can get this machine to be screen tearing-free.

I am not content to just use the onboard graphics and call it good. I bought a GPU for it to work and work well. I use it for GPU acceleration in Adobe software primarily, with light gaming being a distant second. I learned to live with the problem for years but I'm finally sick and tired of it. There is a used GTX 760 for sale at a reliable electronics refurbisher/reseller down the street from me, which I may buy to compare against my own, unless there are more non-hardware things for me to try. Really hoping I can get some feedback here within the next few days, as I'm packing things up for an out of state move and won't be able to troubleshoot this again for a while.

Finally, here's a video I shot of the screen tearing in action. A screengrab using ShareX does not record the effect, so I filmed my screen with my phone.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

-newmy51