GTX 770 not detected

golemicox

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
Hello, I have a problem with my GTX 770 GPU. It is not working and I tried many things.

Under Device manager it is detected, it says NVIDIA geforce GTX 770, but there is exclamation mark and under device status it says: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43).

I have Asus H81 pro motherboard.

I tried so far:
Complete format of PC
Reinstalled drivers couple of times
Tried another GPU in this PC and it worked
Tried this GPU in another PC and it worked
Cleared CMOS

Code 43 means its hardware issue or the software incliuding the windows as you mentioned that its working on another pc so its not hardware its in your windows but you have completely formated your pc i dont know whats more left of it then to test
you can try to install the different drivers version

Might be a long shot but check for a bios update. I ran into problems with a PCI-E gen 3 card running in older bios (Before UEFI support). I checked some of the Bios revision notes for the Asus h81-plus, and one said improved pci-e compatibility.

I didn't run into the h81 pro page, what is the exact model?

i know that but have you tried running the game after installing the drivers on another PC or you have just checked the Display?
some times the card works but starts giving error after the drivers are installed

golemicox

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017

I see what you mean...well I just formatted second PC put GPU in it, tried to install drivers and it fails. When installing the drivers the screen goes black like it always goes, but the picture never comes back, the monitor wake light starts flashing like it went to sleep mode or something..

golemicox

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017

Thermal paste for a CPU? GPU fans seems good...

golemicox

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
Ok, I just reapplied thermal paste, put GPU in another PCI slot, now this time drivers were installed successfully, my screen did not go just black this time, but I still get the same error:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43).

golemicox

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017

Yea, looks like so. Im just confused as in about 3 years since I got it, I played games every 2 weeks for few hours and it dies...and people mine 24/7 with them and get more time out of them :D