Wildperson

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Asus Z97-AR MB
CM GX 650 PSU
GTX 750 GPU
i5 4690k CPU
ADATA 2x4GB RAM

I was able to install Win7 easily using the onboard MB graphics. However, when I plugged the PSU into the GPU, neither the motherboard's HDMI port or the graphic card's HDMI port would give a picture. No picture at all came from the motherboard HDMI, and the 770's HDMI port caused the monitor (which I have tested and am positive is functioning correctly) to display black for a few seconds, then say 'going to sleep', then to turn back on the second it 'goes to sleep' and repeat that cycle indefinitely.

I believe the problem is due to the drivers, of which there are none. I tried to use the CD the 770 came with to install the drivers, but it said the "graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". This happened while I was plugged into the Motherboard's HDMI port, and obviously I can't try it goign through the 770's HDMI, as there would be no picture. I also downloaded and attempted the two latest 770 drivers from Nvidia's website, to no avail.

How do I get drivers on a card that the motherboard ignores? Do I have a faulty unit somewhere?

Wildperson

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

I finished the build, used the onboard graphics/HDMI port to install windows and get the PC set up, then tried installing the 770 drivers. I never left the motherboard graphics until I tried from the 2nd time to install the 770 drivers, which is when the display kept turning on and off.
I can't find any acknowledgement of the GPU anywhere in the BIOS.

Weird part is, when the GPU is plugged in, the MB HDMI port won't work. No picture comes from it at all as long as the GPU is powered and running. However, when I try to use the GPU HDMI port, there's either no picture (just like the MB) or it just turns the monitor on and off on a 6-8 second interval.