GTX 770 Stuttering/ choppy FPS

jakewat97

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
Ok, I am getting really frustrated with this problem now and this is my last attempt at asking for any help as everything I do has not worked.

Overview: After X amount of hours of gaming (doesn't matter what game) I begin to have stuttering / choppy fps every few seconds causing games to become almost unplayable. I have done almost everthing such as driver sweep and re-install, rollback drivers, new PSU, and still no dice.
Before my 770 I had a 560ti which got higher frames and no problems. A few things I have to try before going for an RMA or taking it to the shop I got it from are, Take out 770 before doing driver sweep and re-install, test my 560ti again, possibly find another system to test in.

Extra background: card never exceeds 80 degrees, visible spiking on GPU load when using GPU-Z, after stuttering is seen in games I may also experience the same stutter when using desktop programs eg. StarDock, frames in game often do not drop/ spike even when stuttering is present.

Specs in sig/ setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

robustus64

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Ok did I see stock intel cpu cooler...........
Number one the 770 will push the cpu because it can take more data at any given time then the 560 by a long shot. I would try new cpu hsf to cool the cpu down a bit seems like a heat problem to me..But im just educated guessing ..It still could be something else, Hows your cpu temps...

robustus64

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Ahhh, well 60 is high for an I 5 what about motherboard cooling does case have plenty of airflow? If so then may be time for a rma,But you may try the card in a friends computer just to see..

jakewat97

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
It is getting there but shouldn't cause problems. I have a TJ07 with four fans installed atm which provides plenty of airflow. I am now in contact with the store of purchase and I hopefully will be able to get them to test it in a rig of there's.