GTX 770 upgrade to a GTX 970

Zeriu

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
Is upgrading my EVGA GTX 770 SC even worth upgrading to a GTX 970? Like is it that much better? I know it is better, but is it like needed? I guess the question is should I upgrade it if I have the money or is it fine for now. And save my money for the next Nvidia card?

Solution
if your playing at 1440p on a 770 try reducing the amount of aa used. the higher density pixel count on the monitor should mean you wont see the jaggies that would normally be prevalent at 1080p. should get you between 5 and 10% gains depending on what kind of aa the game used.
reduce things like motion blur. from high to off can give another 10% boost.
shadow quality. use soft shadows but medium or low quality..
1s done you should manage 60 fps on all but the most demanding games.

as for the gpu swap i would also recommend you wait. the outlay just isnt worth the performance gains especially at 1440p

Zeriu

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015

I have recently got a 1440p monitor, and playing games at 1440p I think the increase in VRAM would make a massive improvement. But I was wondering if it might be best to just wait it out for Nvidias next cards to release.

The 1440p really takes a hit on titles releasing today and often then not I need to scale the games down to 1080p. At 1080p they are more then playable but in 1440p it dips in the 40's at times.

if your playing at 1440p on a 770 try reducing the amount of aa used. the higher density pixel count on the monitor should mean you wont see the jaggies that would normally be prevalent at 1080p. should get you between 5 and 10% gains depending on what kind of aa the game used.
reduce things like motion blur. from high to off can give another 10% boost.
shadow quality. use soft shadows but medium or low quality..
1s done you should manage 60 fps on all but the most demanding games.

as for the gpu swap i would also recommend you wait. the outlay just isnt worth the performance gains especially at 1440p

Solution

Zeriu

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015

Thanks will wait till the next release of cards have to offer then.