[SOLVED] GTX 770

Jul 9, 2019
Hello
I wanted to ask something about my gpu that in winter my gpu at idle its around 25C and right now its very hot and my gpu at idle hit 59C and i installed afterburner my fan speed was at 26% so i raised it up to 50% and my gpu temp is 41C now so i was worried if i let the fan speed at 50% will it damage my gpu ? because at auto while idling it doesnt speed up the fans and when i play to set the fan speed to auto so im a bit worried if i let it at idle 50% fan speed.

Solution
Increasing the fan speed should help with temps but that is a older GPU and may require a thorough cleaning and repasting of the GPU. Also increasing the fan speed won't hurt the GPU, I know more then a few people who run there GPU fans at 100% constantly, even while not gaming and the GPU's last easily until upgraded (4+ years). It's ideal to keep the load (gaming) temps under 83C.

WildCard999

Titan
Increasing the fan speed should help with temps but that is a older GPU and may require a thorough cleaning and repasting of the GPU. Also increasing the fan speed won't hurt the GPU, I know more then a few people who run there GPU fans at 100% constantly, even while not gaming and the GPU's last easily until upgraded (4+ years). It's ideal to keep the load (gaming) temps under 83C.

Solution
Fan speed set at 50% isn't going to damage the GPU.
...and I don't think 59C is going to damage the GPU either.
The main thing is....you don't want you GPU getting too hot....and I think it's unlikely at idle.

I would look at the temp when the GPU is at 100% usage. I think that...ideally you would want this to be 82-83C or lower.

Jul 9, 2019
Increasing the fan speed should help with temps but that is a older GPU and may require a thorough cleaning and repasting of the GPU. Also increasing the fan speed won't hurt the GPU, I know more then a few people who run there GPU fans at 100% constantly, even while not gaming and the GPU's last easily until upgraded (4+ years).
yeah it is old but it runs the games that i like thats why i still keep it i did clean it inside i opened it but i didnt repaste it so that could help thanks for the answer.

Jul 9, 2019
Fan speed set at 50% isn't going to damage the GPU.
...and I don't think 59C is going to damage the GPU either.
The main thing is....you don't want you GPU getting too hot....and I think it's unlikely at idle.

I would look at the temp when the GPU is at 100% usage. I think that...ideally you would want this to be 82-83C or lower.
at 90-100% gpu usage i hit around 79-80C its not that bad for this old card i guess