[SOLVED] GTX 780 no display output

Muhammad090124

Prominent
Sep 6, 2019
I brought a Gainward Phantom GTX 780 2nd hand and this issue is that it doesn't display any output signal which is the main problem as it doesn't let me get into Windows. Also when the system boots up, the fans ramp up to 100% on boot and I have to manually shut down the system by pressing the power button. At times after manually shutting down and rebooting the system, the GPU fans will ramp up then go down a few times before going quiet. I tested my system with a different card, a GTX 960 4GB and the system booted up fine, displaying video. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Things I have tried:

changing video cables (HDMI and DVI)

using different power cables

cleaned the GPU and applied new thermal paste

Checked the GPU makes full contact in PCIE slot

checked the power cables are properly plugged

Rest of my System Specs:

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming PLUS

RAM: 16GB 2400 Mhz

PSU: Corsair HX 750W

Solution
Those are the clear signs of a broken GPU unfortunately. No easy way to fix that card.
Contact the seller if possible.

If that doesnt turn out to your favor you could always try the oven method but i wouldnt recommend it if you havent done it before/have any idea how to do it.
Those are the clear signs of a broken GPU unfortunately. No easy way to fix that card.
Contact the seller if possible.

If that doesnt turn out to your favor you could always try the oven method but i wouldnt recommend it if you havent done it before/have any idea how to do it.

Solution