GTX 780 Non-Reference Card Brand.

Zalkard

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
Hi,

I was looking for a good graphics card to upgrade to and the GTX 780 looked pretty attractive to me. Now I'm wondering which one would be the best one to get, the EVGA SC ACX or the Asus DirectCU2. Which one would provide me the best quality, temperatures, overclockablility and noise levels?
Thank you for reading.

PS: The Asus card has a backplate + is a little bit cheaper.

Solution
The asus one also has a completely custom pcb which is renowned for it's stability and longevity. The backplate also adds much needed rigidity to the card, as they are both fairly large and heavy
The asus one is slightly better temps and overclocks like a beast.
the evga one is slightly faster at stock, but will overclock to almost identicle levels as the asus one

since the asus one is cheaper, it is your best bet. If they were the same price, even then it would be down to a matter of looks.

they are both pretty much inaudibly (silent) and the asus one is slightly cooler.

Shneiky

Distinguished
Asus will provide you with better quality, noise and overclockability. The Asus is running at 863 Mhz while the EVGA is running at a higher 967. Of course, you understand that the EVGA is factory overclocked, and already spend. You can achieve greater results with the Asus board. While this is subjective, some of my Asus boards have gone up to 20~23% OC on top of the stock. Also the EVGA cooler has a higher pitch frequency, that I don't particularly like. I prefer the lower freq. Asus cooler. Just doesn't bother me that much. This is more of a personal preference.

Zalkard

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013

Thanks for your reply :)
I will go for the Asus card as it runs cooler; better overclockability, aswell as the backplate and the fully custom PCB.

Zalkard

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013

Due to the better cooling on the card and thus lower temperatures, will I be able to overclock this asus card as high as a fully overclocked 780 from EVGA, if running at 1.1Ghz, and maintain a better temperature than while having this clock speed this high on the EVGA card, with the Asus card? (Sorry for extreme crypticness).