GTX 780 problem

mohsen gtx

Honorable
Sep 30, 2016
Hi guys , i buy a used msi gtx 780 twin frozr 3gb ,but it have many problem !! The hdmi not working but the dvi port is work fine !! And when i play games after 10 minutes the pc stop working and i get a gray screen !!!!!
also when i open gpuZ and click on the bios saving column , the pc stop working !!!!
20180906_201609.jpg

I updated his driver but the problem dont solved !!
Please help me guys , what should be do and thanks

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
A full model number would be needed so we can look up the specifications for that PSU.

Some of Thermaltake's PSUs are good, some are not.

You don't by any chance have a friend with a known good PSU that you can borrow, do you? If so, try it out and see if the problem persists.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Are you sure? I don't know what GPU you had previously, but if it required less power than the GTX 780 does, AND the PSU was marginal, then the extra demand that the GTX 780 is putting on it might be enough to push the PSU over the edge.

EDIT: I could be wrong, but it's a possibility.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I would still be curious to know the details on the power supply - or if you can, borrow a known good PSU from a friend that's rated higher than your current one, and see if the issue goes away.

If it's not the PSU, then I'm not sure, but I strongly suspect that it might be.