GTX 780 SLI good for 4k use and basic gaming?

KhaledNakhleh

Reputable
Mar 27, 2014
I have a gtx 780 sli and an intel 4570 with 8gb of 1866mHz ram. I was wondering if I can run windows and other applications at 4k? I will be using Adobe lightroom and 3d modeling software for personal use. I might also use Adobe premiere and movie maker in 4k.

my question is: will the experience be smooth with fluid animations, or will I have to upgrade my components? I still dont own a 4k monitor but if my components are good I will buy one.

I might also play some less demanding games in 4k like team fortress 2 and heroes of the storm.

p.s.: My motherboard is 4k certified.

Solution
Yes, you can definitely run(not only run) at 4K but even game(demanding titles) at that resolution and still have an enjoyable experience. The limiting factor fot gtx 780 sli at 4K is VRAM but you should be fine by turning off some memory hungry settings (like AA, texture resolution), but that is just for demanding titles. Also, keep in mind that not even Windows 10 is very optimised(in terms of UI) for 4K resolution even if you use display scaling. Also, with your setup you would be fine for now (if doing offline editing, online editing is much more power hungry). P.S. You can add another 8gb of ram.
Yes, you can definitely run(not only run) at 4K but even game(demanding titles) at that resolution and still have an enjoyable experience. The limiting factor fot gtx 780 sli at 4K is VRAM but you should be fine by turning off some memory hungry settings (like AA, texture resolution), but that is just for demanding titles. Also, keep in mind that not even Windows 10 is very optimised(in terms of UI) for 4K resolution even if you use display scaling. Also, with your setup you would be fine for now (if doing offline editing, online editing is much more power hungry). P.S. You can add another 8gb of ram.

Solution