wiktor.nowak05

Reputable
Nov 5, 2017
Hello, recently my rtx 2080 ti had to be replaced and in the meantime I borrowed my friends gtx 750. He has a gtx 780 in his rig. When we went ahead and played minecraft the results were shocking. I was getting 500+ fps in 1080p and he was getting max 100fps with fps drops to 15fps. His game was stuttering very badly while mine never dipped below 400fps. Also note that I have an (i5 10600 non k) and he has an (i7 4770k). His gpu usage is constantly below 30% usage while mine is 100% all the time. We uninstalled the drivers, applied unlimited fps in nvidia control panel and minecraft, disabled vsync/gsync, applied max performance power profile in windows, overclocken slightly in afterburner to no awail. What can be the cause of this? We have tried everything that came to mind.

Solution
There could be a few things causing the performance difference.
You have a substantially newer processor, which is certainly part of the difference here.
Other things to consider: RAM amount and speed. Temperatures while under load. Clock speeds under load (both GPU and CPU), which would potentially be related to PSU. Type of storage MC is installed on (the FPS drops could be related to world loading for example)
There could be a few things causing the performance difference.
You have a substantially newer processor, which is certainly part of the difference here.
Other things to consider: RAM amount and speed. Temperatures while under load. Clock speeds under load (both GPU and CPU), which would potentially be related to PSU. Type of storage MC is installed on (the FPS drops could be related to world loading for example)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS