Question Gtx 780 ti liverkernelevent 141

Hundenabbe

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
So for a couple of months, I have gotten an error called LiveKernelEvent 141. For example, I play for a while and my game tabs out like a driver just crashed and then tabs back in and I can keep on playing my game.
When I check error reports I get the error livekernelevent 141.
Sometimes it doesn't crash during the whole day and sometimes crashes repeatedly every 15-30 min, It's random. My graphics card has been overclocked and kboosted for almost 3 years, I recently removed it because I realised how stupid it was running it and damaging my card, temp going as high as 90 sometimes.
I unistalled my newest driver and installed a prime driver for my card, according to people on the Evga forum. With the older driver it doesn't happen as much, but it still occurs.

I'm planning on upgrading from GTX 780 Ti to GTX 1070 very soon. Do you think the problem will disappear or is it possible my motherboard has damaged pci-e slots? I have tried both my pci-e slots but it doesn't matter which one I use. Personally I don't think it has anything to do with my pci-e slots.

Hundenabbe

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
I doubt it has anything to do with the motherboard, prob just the card getting old

If you underclock it a little (50-100mhz), youll probably not have any more crashes for a while, it might need new thermal paste if its getting hot.
Yes, the card is doing fine temp wise since I removed overclock. I was reading that underclocking the card might help, I should probably go for this until I got my new card right?
Btw, you don't happen to know how I underclock it correctly? I'm using the precision x1 software, and there's memory clock, gpu clock, and temp target. Which one do I decrease?

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Yes, the card is doing fine temp wise since I removed overclock. I was reading that underclocking the card might help, I should probably go for this until I got my new card right?
Btw, you don't happen to know how I underclock it correctly? I'm using the precision x1 software, and there's memory clock, gpu clock, and temp target. Which one do I decrease?

Yeah just decrease the gpu clock by -50mhz and apply, give that a go.