[SOLVED] GTX 780 TI randomly stops sending video input to my monitor

Jul 8, 2021
Everytime I want to play games that have even the slightest load on my gpu, my gpu suddenly shuts off video output to my monitor. By slightest load im talking about LOW loads such as valorant on medium graphics, GTA V on medium settings and etc. I've tried changing my windows version, switched between countless drivers and nothing seems to work. Although my gpu is quite old it's still supposed to be plenty capable of running those games based on what I saw in user benchmarks and online benchmarks. Is this really a GPU issue and how do I fix it?

My specs:
Ryzen 5 3500x
ASUS GTX 780 ti
ASrock B450M HDV R4
Team Elite DDr4 16gb Ram
Gamemax PSU 650 watts 80+ bronze

Last edited:
Solution
We need first to confirm. It is best if you change the PSU in any case. Please answer the questions from above.
There is a tier list for PSUs. For gaming rigs I always recommend going tier B or above if you have the money.
We need first to confirm. It is best if you change the PSU in any case. Please answer the questions from above.
There is a tier list for PSUs. For gaming rigs I always recommend going tier B or above if you have the money.

Solution
Jul 8, 2021
The PSU is brand new and its exact model is a GP750. Is an EVGA PSU good?

On the tier list your PSU is tier D. That says a lot.

Almost all brands have some hit and miss PSUs. Take a look in the tier list for the particular model you're interested in. If it's in tier A or tier B, get it. If it's lower, search another that it's in those tiers.