Apr 13, 2021
Hi. I have a Gigabyte GTX 780 TI Founders Edition and i want to change the thermal pads. I want to buy new ones, but i don't know the thickness of them. I couldn't find anything about it on the internet so i want to ask somebody who already changed them in the past. Thank you!

Solution
My standard advice is to buy 1mm thermal pads, and stack them for anything up to 3mm required.

1.5mm is also an okay choice. Should cover most memory and coil packages (if cooled) VRM pads tend to be thicker, but also use a lower quality thermal pad (at least on founder's cards) So doubling up there isn't too bad.

When in doubt, order multiple sizes. Might cost you more up front, but then you will have some when you need it. Considering that it is mostly shipping cost to get them in the first place, might as well get several sizes in one go.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
My standard advice is to buy 1mm thermal pads, and stack them for anything up to 3mm required.

1.5mm is also an okay choice. Should cover most memory and coil packages (if cooled) VRM pads tend to be thicker, but also use a lower quality thermal pad (at least on founder's cards) So doubling up there isn't too bad.

When in doubt, order multiple sizes. Might cost you more up front, but then you will have some when you need it. Considering that it is mostly shipping cost to get them in the first place, might as well get several sizes in one go.

Reactions: VladBarla
Solution
Apr 13, 2021

I think i'm going to messure them once i will dissasamble the cooler from pcb. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited: