[SOLVED] GTX 950 - Dual Display (24Hz and 60Hz)?

Oct 3, 2018
I use an EVGA GTX 950 to push video to two displays from my system.

One display is a Vizio 4K TV, the other is a 27" monitor. Both displays only have HDMI inputs.

I'm sending video out from the GTX 950 via one of the DP port and the HDMI port. I'm not interested in getting anything above 1080p/60Hz on both displays. However, whenever BOTH displays are hooked up, the monitor will get 60Hz and the TV will only get 24Hz. If I disconnect the monitor, then the TV will jump to 60Hz (if it is the only thing plugged in). It does this regardless of which display is plugged into which port (DP or HDMI).

Windows display settings report 24Hz for the TV, but the Nvidia control panel reports 60Hz (but it is grayed out and not changeable). It's clearly 24Hz though (slower, choppy mouse, etc).

If I try to manually force a change to 1080p/60Hz in Windows display settings, it says it's unable to change the settings (may not have administrative rights, etc.).

I've used this video card and same wires/infrastructure in another machine and gotten 60Hz on both displays, so I'm just trying to figure out what the deal is with this build.

thanks!

Solution
GPU driver is up to date?
use ddu uninstaller and reinstall the latest nvidia.com driver

BIOS of the motherboard is up to date?

Which exact GTX950 model do you use?