Question GTX 950 Not Fully Inserted into Motherboard

ashishgnr4

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
I recently bought a GTX 950. While inserting it to my Motherboard, right portion of the card gets inserted completely while left portion is not inserted fully. Some cables i.e. Power Led sth like that which we use to turn on our comp is blocking it off. While at my first try, card did power on (still powers on), fans turning on for sec but card is not detected. Can card being not inserted fully causing the problem ? & does it needs to be fully inserted into the motherboard ?

ashishgnr4

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
Yes, it is needed to be fully inserted and it WILL cause problems at some point. Many things might not work well or at all. You should do the necessary cable management to move that power cable away from the slot.

Thnx. So here is the thing that is blocking my card. Will an expansion card riser help ?

There shouldn't be any power cables crossing the motherboard. Am I right to assume that the power cable you.mention is the CPU 4/8 pin connector? If yes, it should be able to go on the back side of the motherboard and pass in a top point to reach the proper place.

Can you take a picture so we can take a better look?

ashishgnr4

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
There shouldn't be any power cables crossing the motherboard. Am I right to assume that the power cable you.mention is the CPU 4/8 pin connector? If yes, it should be able to go on the back side of the motherboard and pass in a top point to reach the proper place.

Can you take a picture so we can take a better look?

Here's the image, one with graphics card inserted also. Some of the portion are not completely inserted into the slot just above that small voltage regulator or something and below that IC symbol.

(CPU 4/8 pin connector) yes they are at the back

The one with the cable things says ((PWR_LED, PWR_SW, HDD_LED, RESER) it is not clearly seen in the picture.

There is no picture in your post, maybe I'm not seeing it because I am from mobile. If possible upload it to imgur and post the link.

The cables you mention, are the ones from the case right? They are used to power up, reset the PC and also display a led usually in the front/top of the case when HDD/CPU is in use. These should also go first from the back side and then pass to the front from a passthrough, near the pins they are placed into.

ashishgnr4

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
There is no picture in your post, maybe I'm not seeing it because I am from mobile. If possible upload it to imgur and post the link.

The cables you mention, are the ones from the case right? They are used to power up, reset the PC and also display a led usually in the front/top of the case when HDD/CPU is in use. These should also go first from the back side and then pass to the front from a passthrough, near the pins they are placed into.

Had uploaded the picture don't know why they are not showing up. Again re uploading from imgur. Hope it's showing this time !

The cables you mention, are the ones from the case right? They are used to power up, reset the PC and also display a led usually in the front/top of the case when HDD/CPU is in use. (Yes same)

jQ5Wef7.jpg

8xBYrDx.jpg