GTX 950m in a desktop.

Andrei_24

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
Many websites from my country sell this computer - ASUS M32CD-RO029D. The video card in the specs is this: nVidia GTX-950M 2GB GDDR3.
It's not a typo since the official Asus site also mentions that this computer can have on of the following video cards:
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX950 2GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX950M 2GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX960 2GB

https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/VivoPC-M32CD/specifications/

How could they put a 950m in a desktop? Is it a separate video card or is it integrated in the mainboard? Can it be purchased separately?

Solution
Since the re-sellers get the specs from ASUS, if there is an error form ASUS about the specs of the system, you will see the same error in other areas.

Contact ASUS and ask them about the card. I don't see them taking the time to integrate a mobile video card in a desktop unless it's a small all-in one unit.
Since the re-sellers get the specs from ASUS, if there is an error form ASUS about the specs of the system, you will see the same error in other areas.

Contact ASUS and ask them about the card. I don't see them taking the time to integrate a mobile video card in a desktop unless it's a small all-in one unit.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS