[SOLVED] Gtx 960 2gb OC is showing 0 MB VRAM ? can any hardware expert repair it ?

kuldeep.jadeja.09

Prominent
Jan 21, 2019
Greetings Experts , i have a Graphic card which shows flickered display as per shown in the attached JPEGs,.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmM9KbxY

Also i check with the GPU-z and it showed every details of this card except Bus Width and Bus handle (something , sorry , i don't know much about this stuff ).

in the dxdiag it shows 0 MB VRAM

i tried HDMI output as well but the same result.

What actually can be wrong with my card?
Please guide whether it's repairable or not
and if yes how much would it cost ?

Thank you so much

Solution
Faulty graphics cards (hardware fault) can't be repaired, you'll have to replace it with a new one at your own expense if the manufacturer's warranty has expired.

kuldeep.jadeja.09

Prominent
Jan 21, 2019
replace the card?
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

I don't know what you mean by replace , you saying if i can replace or not ,
then No. i bought it used from OLX.

My system Spec:

GTX 960 OC 2GB
Intel Pentium 4th Gen dual core g3220 3.00 GHz
Gigabyte H81M-S rev 1.0 motherboard
Transcend 4GB * 2 ddr3 RAM
VIP-600w (artis) PSU Model no: VIP-600W

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
I don't know what you mean by replace , you saying if i can replace or not ,
then No. i bought it used from OLX.

My system Spec:

GTX 960 OC 2GB
Intel Pentium 4th Gen dual core g3220 3.00 GHz
Gigabyte H81M-S rev 1.0 motherboard
Transcend 4GB * 2 ddr3 RAM
VIP-600w (artis) PSU Model no: VIP-600W
That looks like a bad GPU you should try re installing the drivers if you can

Yeah, looks like a dead GPU to me. Might be bad VRMs, which could theoretically be repaired, but I'm not sure it would be worth trying. A GTX 960 2GB card costs about $80 used on eBay, and it would be about as fast as a GTX 1050 -- which start at around $60 on eBay.

That sort of display corruption usually means the memory chips are damaged, or perhaps the GPU itself -- not damaged so badly as to completely fail, but if you can't get drivers to install and detect the card, that's a bad sign.

You mention buying the card used. If that was recently, try to return for a refund. Otherwise, you'll likely save money and end up with a better GPU by just purchasing a new graphics card. Sorry.

Reactions: kuldeep.jadeja.09

kuldeep.jadeja.09

Prominent
Jan 21, 2019
Yeah, looks like a dead GPU to me. Might be bad VRMs, which could theoretically be repaired, but I'm not sure it would be worth trying. A GTX 960 2GB card costs about $80 used on eBay, and it would be about as fast as a GTX 1050 -- which start at around $60 on eBay.

That sort of display corruption usually means the memory chips are damaged, or perhaps the GPU itself -- not damaged so badly as to completely fail, but if you can't get drivers to install and detect the card, that's a bad sign.

You mention buying the card used. If that was recently, try to return for a refund. Otherwise, you'll likely save money and end up with a better GPU by just purchasing a new graphics card. Sorry.
Many Thanks for the reply , PC detects the card as well as install the drivers for it but the display looks this crooked as in the link on the original post above.

anyways the price you said on eBay , internationally right. though i will check them out.

Thank you once again.