nurman

Prominent
Mar 26, 2021
Hi.

I need help in my build.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 (rev 3.0)
CPU: i5-2400 (on turbo)
PSU: Cooler Master Elite V3 500w (few months old)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 2gb windforce
Ram: 2x4 gb HyperX Fury

With this motherboard, my GPU (gtx 960) not working, but if i put a nvidia geforce 210, with it its working, without problems. (In my friends pc, my gpu works very well!) PC starts, without display, dont even show the motherboard brand or something, bios... GPU fans spinning.
(Im sure my cpu, gpu, psu are good)

I think my motherboard is the failing one but have no idea why.
With these motherboard, will my PC (GPU) work?
  • ASUS P8P67 EVO
  • Asrock fatal1ty z77 performance

Shoud i buy one of these? How can i tell what motherboard compatible with my GPU? This is my main question.

Lutfij

Titan
Following up from this thread, here. The motherboard you have should be fine with any GPU you drop into it, so long as you have a PSU that can power all the components in your system. Mind stating what the specs to your friend's computer is? Ae they identical to your system? As for your motherboard question, they will accept the GTX 960...though please keep in mind that the Z77 will be the only board out of those two that can output display when on the iGPU alone(i5-2400).

How can i tell what motherboard compatible with my GPU?
If it has a PCIe x16 slot, it's going to accept any GPU on the market...provided we're talking about PCIe 2.0 and above.

I'd advise on testing the boards out before you part ways with your wallet.

Reactions: nurman

nurman

Prominent
Mar 26, 2021
Problem solved with a new cpu ( i5-3470).
The Old one (i5-2400) still working in another computer, so i have no ida what went wrong.